Premium Assam Tea
Assam tea is mainly produced in the Brahmaputra valley. Loose Assam tea gives a malty strong flavor. Assam tea large leaf grades have full and pungent flavors. Black Assam Teas are ideal for breakfast and drinking in the morning. Loose Assam teas are popular for their rich maltiness.
Jay Shree Tea (part of Birla Group) presents world's best Assam tea , black full-leaf. Experience the robust, malty character that comes from pure, unblended tea leaves from our finest Assam tea estates. Order the garden fresh tea and get delivery at your doorstep
Items 1-12 of 15
- Assam Meleng Second Flush Special Orthodox White Tea 2022As low as $6.08This one's a luxury autumnal Assam tea with large velevety Assamica buds gently sun dried to create silver needle white tea that is fit for the moniker Crème de la crème.
- Bagicha By Jay Shree Tea Assam Premium CTC Tea 250 gmAs low as $1.52This even-grained exquisite tea produces a liquor of unmatched strength and brightness.
- Gulmarg Saffron Rose Black TeaAs low as $6.07A rich blend of Whole Leaf Black Tea with saffron, green cardamom & rose petals
- Bagicha by Jay Shree Tea Assam Earl Grey Tea 20 Pyramid Tea BagsAs low as $3.59This malty rich black tea brightened by Italian bergamot oranges is a British tradition that India has embraced, presented in luxury pyramid tea bags.
- Assam Manjushree Second Flush Kadak (CTC) ChaiAs low as $2.07Bright Clonal Second Flush Upper Assam CTC Black Tea
- Bagicha By Jay Shree Tea Assam Tea 25 Enveloped Tea BagsAs low as $1.34This malty, brisk and bright tea comes from the vast plains of Assam, packed in convenient tea bags.
- Bagicha By Jay Shree Tea Assam Luxury CTC TeaAs low as $3.29Well-sized lustrous grains of this prized second flush tea makes a bright, strong and cognac-like liquor
- Bagicha By Jay Shree Tea Assam Premium CTC TeaAs low as $2.68This even-grained exquisite tea produces a liquor of unmatched strength and brightness.
- ASSAM SPECIAL GOLDEN TIPPY TEAAs low as $8.52This Orthodox tea is carefully plucked & produced under expert supervision and utmost care. Full blaze of golden tips with coppery bright even infusion bright brisk and good flavor specially made for our connoisseur's tea lover.
- Assam Mangalam First Flush Orthodox Black TeaAs low as $4.56Great flavour with a fruity note at the end.
- Assam Mangalam First Flush Robust and Sweet Orthodox Black Tea 2021As low as $1.22Assam's characteristic malty flavour with a generous, full-bodied rolled cup and a sweet taste.
- Rating:32%As low as $4.87masala Tea, a spiced variety Tea popular in India, has been growing in popularity in recent years.
Items 1-12 of 15
Why is Assam called tea country?
Assam has the highest concentration of tea plantations in the world. Around 25% of all India’s production is Assam Tea. Assam black tea is considered amongst the finest in the whole world. Owing to its history and contribution to Indian Tea, Assam is called ‘tea country’ much like Himachal Pradesh is called ‘apple country’.
What are the types of Assam tea available in Jayshree Tea?
Primarily, Orthodox and CTC teas are made in Assam. Orthodox may be variably oxidised as Assam Green Tea or Assam Black Tea. Eventhough rare, White Tea and Oolong Teas are also made. CTC brews the famed Assam Chai. CTC and Orthodox teas come in a whole array of grades from whole leaf, BP to various dust grades. Amongst flushes or seasons, the 8th month harvest or ,Second Flush Assam Tea is considered the finest.
Which tea powder is best in Assam?
Tea powder is better known in the tea industry as brokens, fannings and dust. These grades are usually used in Assam blends, Assam tea bags and are used in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. As per the Indian Tea Association, Broken Orange Pekoe or BOP is the finest Assam Broken Grade, Golden Orange Fannings or GOF is the best Assam Fannings Grade, while Pekoe Dust or PD is generally considered the finest Assam Dust Grade.
What are the types of Assam tea bags available in Jayshree Tea?
Jay Shree Tea offers staple-free double-chambered enveloped tea bags as well as the more premium enveloped pyramid tea bags. From the Bagicha range – Masala Chai, Regular Assam and the classic Assam Earl Grey are available. As planters, with a direct from garden to cup advantage, we also offer the best possible Assam Tea price.
What is special about Assam Tea from Jayshree Tea?
Jay Shree Tea owns some the best heritage tea estates in all of Assam, whether it be in the Assam Valley or Upper Assam or in the Barak Valley or Cachar. We adhere to numerous global standards and certifications. Our plantations have some of the best quality Assam Tea clones in the state and our factories have the latest innovative processing facilities and machineries. Some of the tea industry’s most respected blenders also work at Jay Shree Tea so every cup of Jay Shree’s Assam Tea is more than simply special.
Is Assam tea good for health?
The short answer is that Assam Tea is great for health but please remember that moderation is key, so always ask a nutritionist, physician or dietician how many cups you should consume in a day. In addition, most health deterrents associated with tea come from additives like refined sugar and other synthetic sweeteners. Assam Tea, on its own, as a simple brew is one of the healthiest drinks that nature offers. Assam Tea has found a place of importance in Indian Ayurveda, Perso-Arabic Unani and in Traditional Chinese wellness systems.
What are the Variants available for Assam black tea?
When you buy Assam Tea online, look to buy from the source and from a brand that has experience in blends when it comes to variants. Tea is an agricultural product and Assam Tea is harvested at its best during the summer or second flush. If you’re buying pure Assam Tea, try and buy second flush teas. Breakfast Blends, CTC Masala Chai variants, Earl Grey and a lot more are available online to buy at Jay Shree Tea.
What is special about Assam leaf tea?
By Assam Leaf Tea or Assam Whole Leaf Tea, one usually refers to Assam Orthodox. In leaf grades and especially in the black tea category, Assam Second Flush Orthodox Tea is considered one of the finest globally owing to its rich colour and deep flavours of malty fuity caramel notes. Certain Assam clonal teas produce bright golden velvety tips and these are only present in the finest Assam orthodox teas. Pro Tip: If one is looking for whole leaf tea bags, one should opt for enveloped pyramid tea bags.