Enjoying the rich flavours of Indian traditional snacks is a delightful experience. To enhance this experience further, consider pairing these delectable treats with a cup of white tea. The delicate and subtle taste of white tea provides the perfect backdrop for the characteristic bold and aromatic flavours of Indian snacks. Here we have curated a list of savoury snacks that you can pair with white tea:
- Pakoras: These deep-fried fritters are made with various vegetables such as onion, spinach, or potato and are coated in a spiced chickpea flour batter. The result is a delightful combination of crispy texture and delicious savoury taste. White tea's mild flavour complements the bold flavours of pakoras, creating a satisfying culinary experience that will leave you wanting more.
- Bhajjis: These are another deep-fried snacks made with sliced vegetables such as onions, mixed with a spiced gram flour batter. Onion bhajis, in particular, are incredibly popular and known for their irresistible aroma and mouth-watering taste.
- Aloo tikki: For potato lovers, aloo tikki is an excellent choice. Aloo tikki is a potato patty spiced with various herbs and spices, then shallow-fried until crispy. The result is a flavour-packed snack that combines the earthy richness of potatoes with aromatic spices. When enjoyed alongside a cup of white tea, the mellow taste of the tea serves as a refreshing contrast.
- Chivda: It is a savoury Indian snack that is made with flattened rice (poha), nuts, and spices. This crunchy and flavorful mixture offers a delightful combination of textures and tastes. The light and delicate flavour profile of white tea beautifully complements the aromatic spices and nutty crunch of chivda. Paneer pakora: It is a quick and delicious evening snack. It has a lovely crispy texture on the outside, while the paneer inside remains moist and soft. The main ingredients used to make it are paneer and gram flour. When paired with white tea, it creates a delightful combination of flavours, enhancing the overall snacking experience.Khari biscuits: They are light and fluffy treats made from a simple mix of flour and butter. They are baked until they turn golden and get a delightful crunch. They can be enjoyed plain or with a sprinkle of spices for an extra burst of flavour. Khari biscuits can be paired with white tea to create a delightful combination of flavours and textures. The light and crunchy biscuits complement the delicate taste of white tea, making it a satisfying and enjoyable snack time.
- Dhokla: It is a traditional delicacy made with besan or chickpea flour. The soft and spongy texture of dhokla blends well with the delicate and subtle flavours of white tea, creating a delightful and satisfying culinary experience.
White tea is enjoyed by tea connoisseurs and enthusiasts all around the world. Its delicate flavour and subtle aroma make it a popular choice for those who appreciate a milder and more nuanced tea experience.
Planning to buy white tea online?
Explore our white tea collection. Crafted with utmost precision, our white teas offer an unparalleled experience for tea enthusiasts. Darjeeling white tea comes in two styles: peony and needle. It is considered a luxurious tea with a light floral essence. On the other hand, most Assam White Tea is made from buds in the needle style and has a stronger and more robust flavour compared to Darjeeling. Here are some of the white teas from our collection that you can try: Darjeeling Balasun Second Flush Peony White Tea 2023, Assam Meleng Second Flush Special Orthodox White Tea, and Second Flush Mellow White Tea 2022.