Bored of having that normal flavored black tea or milk tea? How about trying something new like Indian masala chai? Yes… Isn’t your mouth has started watering? Don’t have to wait any longer.
So, let not waste any more time. Come and have a look at the homemade recipe of making masala chai. It is not at difficult.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
You basically need –
- The spice mix for masala chai
- Sweetener like simple sugar
- Loose leaf black tea of strong variety
- A pot
- Mesh strainer of small size
HOW TO PREPARE THE SPICE MIX FOR INDIAN MASALA CHAI
It is better to make sufficient amount of spice mix and store it in a tight container in a dark cupboard. When the spice mix is ready, you can readily have a cup of the masala chai.
- Cardamom pods
- ¼ inch ginger piece
- Whole cloves
Make small pieces of ginger and crush them. Crack the cardamom pods so that the inside of it is exposed because actual flavor of it lies in the seeds. Now, take a mortar and grind all the dry spices (cinnamon, cardamom pods and cloves). Your dried spice mix is ready!
HOW TO PREPARE A PERFECT CUP OF MASALA CHAI
Here are simple tips that will give you a wonderful cup of Indian masala chai.
- Add a cup of water and one teaspoon of black tea in the pot. Boil this mixture in medium high heat. Make the tea a bit strong.
- Now, when heating the water, add ¼ teaspoon of the spice mix and the crushed ginger.
- Once the tea starts boiling, remove the pot from flame and add a cup of milk to it and your desired amount of sugar.
- Now, put the pot again on flame and boil it. Keep stirring the mixture as it gets heated. The more you boil the mixture, the stronger will be the flavor.
- Turn off the flame and steep it for a minute.
Enjoy your tea!