If you are feeling stressed, know that you are not the only one. Everyone feels worried, anxious, or concerned at some point in their lives. However, how you deal with challenging emotions while staying calm can make all the difference in your life. Here is a useful read on various stress-relieving techniques and how you can incorporate these techniques into your daily lives.
- Journaling: Journaling is a form of self-care that helps you express yourself in a creative way. Whenever you feel stressed or overwhelmed, grab your notebook and pen down your feelings. Do not overthink and maintain a natural flow of writing. Writing your feelings down can help you process your thoughts with more clarity. It gives you a deeper insight into why certain events trigger anxiety and how you can handle those situations calmly. Journaling also helps slow down negative thought processes and lets you connect better with yourself.
- Exercise: Physical activity can help reduce stress and release endorphins - a type of hormone that can improve your mood. Endorphins are often referred to as "feel-good" hormones. When released into the bloodstream, endorphins can help reduce stress and anxiety, promote relaxation, and improve mood.
- Mindful meditation: Mindful meditation involves focusing on the present moment and being aware of your own thoughts, feelings, physical sensations, or surroundings. This increased awareness of the present moment helps you handle stressful situations and find balance amidst the chaos. Mindful meditation also improves focus and increases attention span.
- Warm cup of tea: Drinking a warm cup of tea can be extremely relaxing - as it can alleviate feelings of stress and anxiety. Darjeeling First Flush Tea is known for its stress-relieving properties. This tea is plucked during the first flush, which occurs after the winter dormancy. As a result, these young leaves are tender and bursting with flavour and are rich in antioxidants. Here are some Darjeeling First Flush Tea varieties that can help you feel rejuvenated:
- Rose Green Tea - Darjeeling Green Tea Loose Leaf with Rose Petals: This premium-quality green tea is grown in the heritage tea estates of Darjeeling. It is then mixed with the finest quality of rose petals and buds. This slightly sweet and fragrant tea makes for a perfect warm cup at any time of the day.
- Darjeeling Turzum First Flush Mystic 2022: A fine quality of organic black tea, it brings you the taste of the hills. Grown in the Rung Bong Valley, this tea has an exceptional taste and aroma.
If you are looking to buy First Flush Tea, explore our high-quality teas: Darjeeling First Flush Tea and Assam Spring First Flush Tea.
- Yoga: For centuries, yoga has been revered for its transformative effects on mind and body. Among yoga’s many benefits is its ability to reduce levels of stress hormones such as cortisol by soothing the nervous system. Yoga is a combination of physical activity, mindfulness, and deep breathing and can help restore your mind-body connection.
- Spending time in nature: Spending time in nature can be a great stress reliever. The calming influence of quiet lakes, lush greenery, and the sight and sound of birds can be a powerful stress reliever, offering a sense of peace and tranquillity that can be difficult to find elsewhere.
- Listening to music: Music is one of the greatest joys in life: it lifts spirits, soothes anxieties, and helps you find peace when everything else seems overwhelming. Whether it's the soothing tones of classical music or the upbeat rhythms of pop and rock, the transformative power of music can help you find peace and happiness amidst the chaos of modern life.
Taking a warm bath or shower: Taking a warm bath or shower can instantly relieve stress. The warm water has a therapeutic effect on the body, it relaxes your muscles and soothes tension in your back, neck, and shoulders. It is a kind of self-care that gives you comfort and relaxation, momentarily providing you with respite from worries. It also helps clear your mind and improves sleep.