Known for its full-bodied flavour, rich colour and deep aroma, Assam tea is one of the most popular teas in the world. Assam tea is used in many breakfast blends such as English breakfast, Irish breakfast, and Earl Grey to give a stronger base and depth. Here are some useful insights on what makes Assam tea special and how to buy Assam tea online:
- What is special about Assam tea?
Assam tea has a rich amber to red colour and the flavour is full-bodied, strong, malty and bold. It also has a smooth buttery and creamy overtone. As it has a strong flavour, it tastes well with milk. This makes it perfect as a breakfast tea.
- Why is Assam tea so strong? Assam tea is a black tea, which is more oxidised than other types of tea. Oxidation lends tea a more intense flavour. The Assam tea plant is unique and when combined with the region’s terroir, the resulting cup is strong and intense.
- How to brew Assam tea: Brewing Assam tea is easy. Place the tea bag in your mug and pour boiling water over it. Steep for three to five minutes, depending on how strong you like your tea. Do not steep for more than five minutes otherwise the tea will taste bitter.
- Assam tea can last up to a year and more: Assam tea generally stays fresh for four months to a year, depending on how they are stored. When stored in an airtight container, it keeps well for over a year. Here are some tips to properly store Assam tea:
- Store loose Assam tea in an airtight container.
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure. For this reason, do not use a transparent glass jar for storing Assam tea.
- Do not store tea in a warm and humid place. When tea leaves absorb moisture, it ruins the taste.
- Do not store tea containers near the gas stove as high temperatures adversely affect the flavour.
- Assam CTC tea and whole leaf have distinct flavours:
The leaves of Assam CTC tea are leaf pellets and dust. CTC Teas are made using the Crush, Tear and Curl method. Orthodox tea is made of whole leaves. Both Assam CTC and whole leaves have distinct flavours. CTC blends offer a strong flavour and thus, taste best with milk. On the other hand, Assam blends made from whole leaves have a comparatively delicate flavour and may or may not be consumed with milk.
- How to buy Assam tea online?
Buy the best quality Assam tea online from Jay Shree Tea. We offer a wide range of Assam tea such as Assam Premium CTC Tea, Tea Assam Luxury CTC Tea, and Jay Shree Tea Assam Earl Grey Tea . You can choose between first flush, second flush, monsoon flush and autumnal flush.