Loaded with antioxidants, particularly catechins and theanine, green tea offers a host of health benefits including improving gut health and lowering stress levels. Also, green tea is known for different flavours such as ocean-like flavour and vegetal or meadowy flavour. Green teas in India are a fairly common beverage in most households - Indians enjoy drinking green tea in the morning as a refreshing start to the day. It is also a common beverage to enjoy during the afternoon and evening, often as a way to relax and unwind after a long day. Often they are paired with snacks to make the experience more enjoyable. If you are looking for snacks to accompany the best green teas in India, here is a useful read:
- Cold Sandwiches: With their delectable layers of bread and fillings, cold sandwiches offer the perfect palate refresher when you are looking for something light to pair with your cup of green tea. When it comes to cold sandwiches, you will find a wide range of flavours and ingredients, catering to a myriad of tastes. From crisp veggies and spicy chutneys to juicy meats and cheeses, the possibilities are endless.
- Cheese Toasts: A beloved delicacy, cheese toasts are cherished for their convenience, versatility and delectable taste. The richness of the cheese and Italian herbs blend well with the light aroma of the green tea. Though they require only a few basic ingredients, their flavour and texture are nothing short of extraordinary.
- Chocolate-based desserts: They are an embodiment of indulgence. If you have a sweet tooth, chocolate-based desserts are sure to tantalise your senses. Pair your tea with regular chocolate cakes or the unconventional chocolate eclair. There are vegan options available as well. Also, chocolate-filled croissants or even little macarons could be the perfect accompaniment to your warm cup of green tea. The rich, creamy and slightly bitter taste of chocolate balances perfectly with the light and subtle aroma of green tea and takes your taste buds on a joyride.
- Fruit Salads: Very few people prefer to add sugar to their green tea so that they can enjoy the light smoky flavour of the tea. If you too enjoy your green tea without sugar, accompany it with a bowl of fresh fruit salad. In fact, it is a match made in heaven when it comes to taste. The delicate and subtle flavour of green tea is perfectly complemented by the sweetness and tanginess of fruit salads.
- Cookies: The cookie is a reminder that sometimes the simplest and the smallest things in life can bring the greatest joy. From chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies to macaron and biscotti, they are found in different flavours and textures. When paired with green tea, they are a match made in heaven. Every bite of it will warm your soul and tantalise your taste buds.
Looking to buy the best green tea in India?
If you are looking to buy green tea, explore teas by Jay Shree Tea. We offer a wide range of green teas such as Bagicha by Jay Shree Tea ( Darjeeling Green Tea), Rose and Lemongrass Green Tea and Green Tea Jasmine. Know more about us and our certifications.